Gather your supplies: yarn, scissors and a large eye needle.
1. Start by holding a tail an inch or two longer than your hand width.
2. Wind the yarn around your fingers twenty times.
3. Cut at least six inches of yarn to tie the top.
4. Pull the tie through the yarn, remove from your hand and tie in a square knot tightly.
5. Hold the tassel taut away from the tie.
6. Cut a new piece of yarn 12-15" long, leaving a tail about 4" long. Wrap five times around the head of your tassel, about half an inch down from the tie made on the top.
7. Tie the ends together.
8. Take each end of your knot and thread them one at a time through a large needle.
9. Insert the needle through the head of the tassel, and pull out the bottom.
10. Trim your ends to an equal length.
11. Ta da! All finished with a beautiful new tassel to decorate your next yarn project.